Today is all about the difference between flower essences and essential oils
Flower essences and essential oils are both wonderful therapies and each have a place in our health and wellbeing.
They both have therapeutic value, but each are used in very different ways for very different outcomes.
If you are using essential oils to get emotional understanding and changes you may not be getting the results you are after.
If you are trying to heal a skin condition with flower essences it is likely not happening for you.
So here’s what you need to know:
- Flower essences are useful for emotional struggles such as fear, grief, uncertainty, sleeplessness, worry and anger.
- They are taken primarily as drops or spray but can also be put into lotions, shampoos and soaps, rubbed on your pulse points or put into food or drink.
- They are safe to use alongside other medications both pharmaceutical and natural options.
- There is no actual plant material in them but they contain the vibrational energy of the plant. Alcohol is used to preserve flower essences and they should be stored away from the light heat and electromagnetic sources.
- You can blend up to six essences together.
- They have no fragrance.
- Essential oils are useful for skincare, muscle pain, digestion, immunity and concentration. Their aromas have a strong psychological affect on us.
- They are not safe to be taken internally nor put on your skin directly without professional guidance. You must dilute them in a carrier oil. You can also inhale them using a burner, vapouriser or candle.
- They may interact with other medications. And caution must be taken during pregnancy and with young children. You must also be mindful if you have high blood pressure, low blood pressure, epilepsy, pregnancy or a skin sensitivity/allergy.
- Have physical properties of the plant in them – oil is extracted from the actual plant. Must be stored in dark bottles in dark places as they are affected by light, temperature, air, moisture.
- You can blend essentials oils together, but you must ensure they will work harmoniously.
- They have a fragrance.